This architecturally designed European villa and guest house offers Mediterranean exteriors and classic, contemporary interiors. The estate rests upon magical Sonoma Mountain with exceptional panoramic views of Sonoma Valley and the Mayacamas Mountain range. Nestled on two parcels totaling approx. 21.5 acres, this handcrafted Glen Ellen home is surrounded by a producing vineyard and masterfully designed landscaping including an olive grove and fruit trees. The entry is through old world style hand-wrought iron electric gate flanked by stone columns, natural vines and majestic oaks.
Entry to the approximately 5,000 sq. ft. main home is through a gated citrus and garden courtyard with fountain and into a formal entry hall with a glimpse of the views. The main level features a grand formal living room, large media room with built-ins, large den with door and a fabulous family room comprised of kitchen with island and walk-in pantry and dining room with fireplace. An elegant staircase featuring antique wood steps and handmade wrought iron railing leads to the second floor with sumptuous master suite, adjoining terracotta view patio and a large library with a half bath. The staircase leads to the third level which is the view tower – although views and vistas can be had from nearly any place in the home. All interior and exterior walls consist of custom color integrated stucco.
The flooring is imported French limestone with radiant heat; there is air conditioning and an array of custom, oversized doors and windows providing an abundance of natural light. Limestone flooring continues to the exterior covered verandas seamlessly bringing the outdoors in. Other interior features include: Hand crafted solid oak doors, 3 fireplaces with custom mantles, and cathedral ceilings with natural wood beams, recessed lighting, surround sound, hand-made wrought iron light fixtures, custom bathroom fixtures and exquisite marbles and tile, cast and copper sinks, custom cabinetry and more.
Step outside for the finest Wine Country outdoor living available. The sun-drenched pool with natural coral stone surround and automatic cover is surrounded by natural stone and overlooks the vineyard with breath taking views of the valley. There is a tile outdoor shower and a changing room with terracotta floor. Entertaining is a delight with the outdoor concrete kitchen with wood burning pizza oven just aside the covered dining veranda. The large, raised bed garden and orchard provide bountiful harvests to serve guests.
Just down a flower lined path from the main house is the well-appointed guest house with equally stunning views. It features 1 bedroom, a full bath with custom vanity and oversized shower. This cottage includes many custom features including French imported limestone floors, stone “kitchen” and covered front and rear verandas. Heat is provided by a wood burning stove. The cottage enjoys its own driveway off the main driveway and separate parking. Blooming gardens and olive trees complete the landscape.
Just 5 minutes to downtown Glen Ellen and about 1 hour from San Francisco, this estate provides the ultimate in luxury living as a primary residence or a perfect Wine Country get away.
* 21.50+/-acres * Panoramic views * Gated entry * Fully deer fenced * 2 BR, 2 full bath, (2) 1/2 BA House and 1BR, 1 and 1/2 BA Guest House * Architecturally designed and hand crafted * 3-car garage * Plenty of guest parking * Pool with outdoor shower and changing room * Cast stone and stucco columns * Entertaining terrace with outdoor kitchen and pizza oven * Olive grove, fruit trees, citrus trees, raised bed gardens and landscaping * Approx. 4 acres of vineyard * Private well with storage * Undergrounded utilities (no wires for unobstructed views) * 3 BR septic system
* 5,000+/-SQ.FT. with views throughout * Cathedral ceilings with natural wood beams * Formal entry hall * 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths and 1 half bath * Master suite with fireplace and numerous built-in, fireplace and sumptuous Carrera marble bath * Living room with fireplace and multiple Blomberg of tall French doors access courtyard and pool terrace * “Great room”, kitchen, dining and family room with fireplace * Den with door * Library with ½ bath * Clay Tile Roof * Large media room * Coral stone faced view tower * Terrace * French imported limestone flooring * French imported terracotta tile and hand painted tile * Liberty Valley and Wigfield handmade solid oak doors * Blomberg French doors and windows * Concrete window sills * Rocky Mountain hardware * Most faucets and copper sinks by Sonoma Forge * Radiant heated floors throughout * French imported limestone flooring * Imported terracotta tile and hand painted tile * Liberty Valley and Wigfield handmade, tall solid oak doors * Blomberg French doors and windows * Rocky Mountain hardware * Surround sound throughout * Custom color integrated stucco walls inside and out * 3 fireplaces * Antique wood staircase with handmade iron railing * Handmade wrought iron gate and light fixtures * Recessed lighting * Custom fixtures
Kitchen and Dining
* Custom, furniture quality cabinetry * Hand painted tile * Marble slab island * Built-in, high-end appliances * Fireplace with mantle * Walk-in pantry with furniture quality cabinetry, plumbing installed * Custom fixtures * French doors to outdoor kitchen terraces, pool and outdoor kitchen with pizza oven * Separate mud room entry with storage and ½ bath
Formal Living Room
* Cathedral ceiling with natural wood beams * Fireplace with cast mantle * Multiple French doors to terraces, pool and courtyard with fountain
* Fireplace * Custom built-ins * Banks of windows * Luxurious marble bathroom with oversized stall shower * Custom fixtures
Pool and Exterior
* Custom in-ground pool with electric cover * Outdoor shower and changing room * Expansive stone terraces * Covered verandas * Outdoor kitchen * Wood burning pizza oven * Multiple raised bed garden * Large Olive grove * Fruit and citrus trees * 4+/-acres of vineyard * Deer fenced
* 1 bedroom/1bath * French imported limestone floors * Stone kitchenette and bath * Wood burning stove * Separate driveway and parking * Covered front and rear verandas * Garden * Clay tile roof